New for 2020, Triumph’s multiple award-winning Street Triple R is updated with an aggressive new attitude and style, and a more responsive Euro 5 compliant high-performance 765cc engine – and it’s now even more accessible and affordable.
- More responsive high-performance 765cc engine
- Class-defining, thrilling triple engine performance
- Exceptional power and torque across the entire rev range
- Peak power of 118PS at 12,000rpm
- Peak torque of 77Nm at 9,400rpm
- More responsive feel, thanks to 7% reduced rotational inertia
- More distinctive, rich triple soundtrack
- Fully Euro 5 homologated
- Smooth, slick gearbox with slip and assist clutch
- High specification of equipment
- Optimised brakes with premium Brembo calipers
- High specification fully adjustable Showa suspension
- Road-focused Pirelli Rosso III tyres
- New Triumph Shift Assist up and down quickshifter
- Three riding modes (Road, Rain and Sport)
- ABS and traction control
- Trademark Street Triple agile, neutral handling
- Much more aggressive attitude, poise and style
- New distinctive twin LED headlights
- New sporty and contemporary bodywork
- New compact and stylish silencer
- New restyled mirrors with increased adjustability
- Iconic Street Triple character and style
- New paint and graphics schemes with signature red rear sub-frame
- Even more accessible and affordable
- Much more affordable
- Low Ride Height (LRH) version available with 780mm seat height
- 60+ genuine accessories for added performance, protection, comfort and style
- New scrolling LED indicators
- New water resistant luggage with quick release mounting functionality
- New colour coordinated belly pan and seat cowl, plus new fly screen visor
- New machined mirrors and reservoirs
- Arrow slip-on silencer, tail tidy, internally wired heated grips, paddock stand bobbins
Category-defining from the very beginning
Redefining the middleweight sports category in 2017, the 765cc Street Triple line-up established itself as first choice for its combination of aggressive looks, light intuitive handling, thrilling 765cc performance, and its unique triple soundtrack. Light, fast, fun, agile and stylish – the Street Triple has made an incredible impact on the motorcycle world since its launch in 2007 with its distinctive character and thrilling triple engine.
And now for 2020, the award-winning Street Triple R becomes even more aggressive, even more responsive, and even more accessible to all riders.
Much more aggressive attitude, poise and style
Updated for 2020 with the aggressive new attitude and style of the top specification RS model, the new Street Triple R features all new bodywork, including fly screen, air intake, side panels and rear unit. These are more angular and sporty, giving the motorcycle cleaner, more contemporary lines, and a distinctive new look.
The fly screen and air intake are now much more pronounced, echoing the shape of the new twin LED headlights, which have a striking new style with prominent position lights, giving a much more distinctive front end and increased visibility.
The compact and contemporary new silencer, and the new shape mirrors with increased adjustability, have also been restyled to enhance the aggressive new look of the Street Triple R. And, there are two new paint and graphics schemes available, Sapphire Black or Matt Silver Ice. Both schemes feature Diablo Red and Aluminium Silver decals, hand painted red wheel pin stripes and the signature Street Triple R red rear sub-frame.
More responsive high-performance 765cc engine
Updated for Euro 5 compliance, the Street Triple R’s characterful 765cc engine retains its world-renowned class-defining performance and now becomes even more responsive, delivered by a 7% reduction in rotational inertia. This brings exceptional low down and mid-range usable torque for a completely addictive ride. The Street Triple R also delivers incredible peak power of 118PS at 12,000rpm, and exhilarating peak torque of 77Nm at 9,400rpm.
Refinements to the airbox and exhaust system for this new generation, meeting Euro 5 regulations, deliver a crisper, purer sound, with an even more distinctive tone. This incredible deep, rich Triumph triple roar now has a smoother balance between intake and silencer sound.
Just like the top spec RS model, the Street Triple R has a smooth gearbox with short first and second gear ratios, delivering exceptional acceleration performance and slick gear changes. It also features a slip and assist clutch, which reduces clutch lever effort and improves rider comfort and control.
High specification of equipment
Renowned for its precise, agile and neutral handling set-up, the new Street Triple R now features optimised brakes, for expert stopping power. These are high specification Brembo M4.32 four-piston radial monobloc front calipers, with an optimised brake pad compound for improved bike and feel. On the rear, the Street Triple R features a Brembo single piston sliding caliper.
The suspension is also high specification with Showa 41mm upside down separate function big piston forks and a Showa piggyback reservoir monoshock RSU. Both are fully adjustable for preload, compression damping and rebound damping.
The tyres are Pirelli’s road-focused all-weather Diablo Rosso III tyres, which deliver long lasting consistent performance over time. Their profile and structure give the new Street Triple R a sportier feel, with exceptional grip and stability in corners.
And for maximum high speed stability, the gullwing rear swingarm delivers torsional stiffness and lateral flexibility, with an optimised pivot position providing natural resistance to compressing the RSU under hard acceleration. This enables tight corner exits and precise chassis behaviour.
In terms of technology, the Street Triple R now has the Triumph Shift Assist up and down quickshifter fitted as standard, reflecting customer feedback, and adding genuine road and track capability. The Triumph Shift Assist enables smooth, comfortable and quick gear changes without the use of the clutch, whilst maintaining the accelerator position.
There are also three riding modes for maximum control in all conditions – Road, Rain and Sport. These adjust throttle response and traction control settings and are easily selectable while riding via the Street Triple R’s LCD instruments. Rain mode restricts peak power to 100PS for better feel and a smoother ride.
Completing the technology specification, the Street Triple R features ride-by-wire, ABS and traction control.
Even more accessible and affordable
With an equipment specification that is tailored to reflect customer feedback, the new Street Triple R is now more suitable for more riders, with a more affordable level of specification.
There is also a Low Ride Height (LRH) version of the new Street Triple R which has a seat height that is 45mm lower than the standard, at just 780mm. This is achieved via a dedicated suspension set-up and a revised seat construction, making it more accessible for more riders.